Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where Has All The Game Time Gone?

I was talking to a mailman today while waiting for the bus about how much time we used to play video games. It was then that I realized that I barely play at all anymore unless I purposefully put aside time to play.

I started to wonder why I have to force myself to play games nowadays. Is it because I don't enjoy them as much as I did when I was a kid? Probably not. Do I not have enough time to play anymore with my busy college schedule? No that wasn't the case because I thought about how little I played over the summer. Then I came up with the solution. I'm not able to find new games that engage me anymore. I research games before they come out to see if I want to buy them. After reading into them, I don't give most of them a chance due to some issue I heard the game has. I've become a picky gamer.

Now that I realize this, I hope to give more games a chance before I just write them off and do something else. Who knows? Maybe I'll find a new engaging experience I didn't know I could have.

Do you spend time playing as many games as you used to? Even if it's not video games, how much time do you put into having fun as you get older and older?

Feel free to leave comments!

No comments: