Thursday, September 25, 2008

Confidence

Today, I learned that being confident pays off.

I recently had a seemingly random experience where I met a girl and I took a risk for once. I held a conversation with her and later, asked her out to lunch. She responded enthusiastically and I realized that my risk had paid off.

Now, I know that lunch with a girl is nothing to get to excited about, and that it has no actual meaning as to whether she likes me as more than a friend, but the actual gesture showed me that taking risks and being confident pays off.

This new found confidence within me has given me the courage to do bolder things than I normally would not have, and so far I feel that has made all the difference in the world. I can only hope that things continue to go well with this girl. However, if they don't I will still have learned one thing...

It is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all.

No comments: